ICTP Chairman, Mr. Juergen Steinmetz, will explain his vision for the African Tourism Board and the upcoming launch. He will introduce the current ATB Steering Committee and Board. He will also touch on African Tourism Board first initiatives that include opportunities for investments, visibility, security, safety, and connectivity.
Mr. Steinmetz will also touch on the process bringing the African Tourism Board home to Africa and building a global network to promote Africa as the safest, most desirable and cleanest tourism destination in the world.
In partnership with private and public sector members, African Tourism Board (ATB) will enhance the sustainable growth, value, and quality of travel and tourism to-from-and-within Africa. The ATB will also expand on opportunities for marketing, public relations, investments, branding, promoting and establishing niche markets.
Speakers on ATB soft launch on November 5th 2018 include:
- Dr. Taleb Rifai, former Secretary General of UNWTO
- Carol Weaving, Managing Director Reed Exhibition
- Prof. Geoffrey Lipman, SunX and president ICTP
- Alain St. Ange, former Minister of Tourism Seychelles
- Graham Cooke, president and founder of World Travel Awards
- Tony Symith, IFree Group, HongKong
- Juergen Steinmetz, Chairman ICTP
Discussion on Africa rewriting its narrative to reposition itself as a relevant tourism destination. Geoffrey Lipman will present: A plan on Climate Friendly Travel - A Plan For Our Kids.
African tourism ministers from Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Cape Verde and Zimbabwe have also confirmed their attendance at the ATB soft launch in London.